It’s been over a year since I posted anything on this blog. It’s not like I dint miss blogging in the past year but its just that, since I started writing professionally, the last thing I wanted to do was come back home and write again. All I felt like doing after coming home was relax, read a book, watch a movie, eat and sleep.
But there was always a tug in my heart strings pulling me towards the blogworld. There have been numerous occasions in the previous year where I almost posted something on my blog. But then again something or another happened and I never got to posting any of the posts I had planned on. But today I have finally decided to make a comeback and let all those posts that have been lying in drafts and mind finally see the light of the day.
Anyways, I will talk more about my oblivion in future posts but will now get to the current post at hand as I am super duper truper excited about it.
You see, even though I wasn’t blogging this past year, my mind couldn’t stop thinking about different ideas that I could convert into a blog posts. Out of many ideas, one of my favorite ideas was to list out my ‘Top 100 Harry Potter Moments’ both from books and movies. I collected various pictures, noted down my favorite moments but always faced a major problem when it came to condensing those moments to just 100. I had nearly 50 moments every book/movie and dint feel like taking any of them off the list. So, finally I have decided to list my favorite/top moments from each book/movie rather then from the whole series as a whole. This gives me more pleasure and less strain and I am sure that all Harry Potter fans will enjoy these posts immensely too.
As I just completed re-reading ‘Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone’ I will start off with these series of posts with no further ado. Here we go –
1) Moment 1 – Mr and Mrs Dursley of number four, Privet Driver, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.
2) Moment 2 – There will be books written about Harry – every child in our world will know his name.
3) Moment 3 – ‘I would trust Hagrid with my life,’ said Dumbledore.
4) Moment 4 – ‘To Harry Potter – the boy who lived’.
5) Moment 5 – As the snake slid swiftly past him, Harry could have sworn a low hissing voice said, ‘Brazil, here I come… Thanksss Amigo.’
6) Moment 6 – Yet here it was, a letter addressed so plainly there could be no mistake.
7) Moment 7 – The Dursleys ducked, but Harry leapt into the air trying to catch one.
8) Moment 8 – Happy Birthday Harry.
9) Moment 9 – Harry – yer a wizard.
10) Moment 10 – ‘NEVER –‘ he thundered ‘- INSULT – ALBUS – DUMBLEDORE- IN- FRONT- OF –ME!’ He brought the umbrella swishing down through the air to point at Dudley – there was a flash of violent light, a sound like a firecracker, a sharp sequel and next second, Dudley was dancing on spot with his hands clasped over his fat bottom, howling in pain. When he turned his back on them, Harry saw a curly pig’s tail poking through a hole in his trousers.
11) Moment 11 – ‘Welcome to Diagon Alley’
12) Moment 12 – It is very curious indeed that you should be destined for this want when its brother gave you that scar. I think we must expect great things from you, Mr. Potter… After all, He Who Must Not Be Named did great things – terrible, yes but great.
13) Moment 13 – “Fred, you next,” the plump woman said.
“I’m not Fred, I’m George,” said the boy. “Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can’t you tell I’m George?”
“Sorry, George, dear.”
“Only joking, I am Fred,” said the boy and off he went.”
14) Moment 14 – All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten.
15) Moment 15 – ‘Anyone sitting there? Everywhere else is full’.
16) Moment 16 – She had bossy sort of voice, lots of bushy brown hair and rather large front teeth.
17) Moment 17 – And my name’s Malfoy, Draco Malfoy ( reminds me of Bond, James Bond).
18) Moment 16 – I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks.
19) Moment 19 – ‘Not Slytherin eh? Better be Gryffindor!’
20) Moment 20 – Fame clearly isn’t everything.
21) Moment 21 – I’ve found you a seeker.
22) Moment 22 – We could all have been killed — or worse, expelled.
23) Moment 23- ‘Wingardium Leviosa!’
24) Moment 24 – But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
25) Moment 25 – Harry was speeding toward the ground when the crowd saw him clap his hand to his mouth as though he was going to be sick-he hit the field on all fours-coughed-and something gold fell into his hand.
‘I’ve got the snitch!’ he shouted.
26) Moment 26 – His father’s… this had been his father’s.
27) Moment 27 – Mirror of Erised
28) Moment 28 – It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
29) Moment 29 – Little did Harry know Ron and Hermione had been secretly practicing the Leg Locker curse. They’d got the idea from Malfoy using it on Neville, and were ready to use it on Snape if he showed any sign of wanting to hurt Harry.
30) Moment 30 – ‘Look, he knows his mummy’.
31) Moment 31 – ‘Can you think of nobody who has waited many years to return to power, who has clung to life, awaiting their chance?’
32) Moment 32- ‘I suppose you think you’re harder to get past than a pack of enchantments.’ (This line always makes me laugh).
33) Moment 33 – “But will it cover all three of us?” said Ron.
“All – all three of us?”
“Oh, come off it, you don’t think we’d let you go alone?”
“Of course not,” said Hermione briskly. “How do you think you’d get to the Stone without us?”
34) Moment 34– ‘Don’t you call me an idiot!’ said Neville. ‘I don’t think you should be breaking any more rules! And you were the one who told me to stand up to people!’
‘Yes, but not to us,’ said Ron in exasperation.
35) Moment 35 – Hermione: “Yes – of course – but there’s no wood!” Ron: “HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?”
36) Moment 36 – ‘It’s the only way … I’ve to be taken’.
37) Moment 37– ‘Harry – you’re a great wizard, you know.’
‘I’m not as good as you,’ said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let go of him.
‘Me!’ said Hermione. ‘Books! And cleverness! There are more important things – friendship and bravery and – oh Harry – be careful!’
38) Moment 38 – ‘Snape was trying to save me?’ (somehow from this moment I thought Snape would turn out to be a good guy and he turned out to be a hero).
39) Moment 39 – Where there should have been a back to Quirrell’s head, there was a face, the most terrible face Harry had ever seen. It was chalk white with glaring red eyes and slits for nostrils, like a snake.
40) Moment 40 – I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you.
41) Moment 41 – After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
42) Moment 42 – Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.
43) Moment 43– You’re mother died to save you.
44) Moment 44 – Only a person who wanted to find the Stone — find it, but not use it — would be able to get it.
45) Moment 45– ‘Sent owls off ter all yer parents’ old school friends, askin’ fer photos…knew yeh didn’ have any…D’yeh like it?’
Harry couldn’t speak, but Hagrid understood.
46) Moment 46 – ‘There are all kinds of courage,’ said Dumbledore, smiling. ‘It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.’
47) Moment 47 – ‘We need a little change in decoration’.
PS – I am currently half way through Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets so expect that post soon.